Many companies invest in localization engineering because it has proven to be a cost-effective way to ensure that their products are effectively localized for multiple locales. Such companies rely on Merrill Brink for expert localization engineering services.
Partner with the industry leader in localization engineering services
Merrill Brink provides comprehensive localization engineering services for many of the world’s leading companies. Our services cover all the steps crucial for successful localization and testing, including analysis, build engineering and mastering, bug fixing, scripting and overall localization process automation. Merrill Brink’s end-to-end localization engineering services include:
- Pre-localization engineering – Our localization engineers perform source build and source file analyses. The localizable file list is compiled, the L10N workflow pipeline for file types are identified, and required settings and parser files are identified or created. New or updated automation and build scripts are written, any early questions/concerns are addressed, any suggested changes needed from file type or content for localization/internationalization are also flagged at this time. Preliminary word counts for project costs are also calculated.
- Localization kits (Lockits) – A kit for each language is created. Translatable files are placed in to the appropriate translation tool, previous translations are leveraged (recycled), non-localizable strings are identified and locked, and a word count analysis is performed. Client instructions are added to the kit and sent to our qualified translators.
- Post-localization engineering – Our engineers perform verification and quality checks on completed translations to detect and fix localization issues that have been introduced to the translated files. We also update the client’s unique main translation memories (TM’s) with the latest translations.
- Software building – We can also process files through our build pipeline to create software builds for testing and bug investigation/regression purposes. Build scripting can be used to automate the process as much as possible.
- Bug fixing – We log, track and fix bugs and defects using BugTrac™, our online bug tracking system to share the results with our clients.
- Online help engineering – We’ve localized a variety of online help systems including HTML- or XML-based help using a wide variety compilation tools such as Webworks, Help Workshop, RoboHelp & MadCap Flare.
- Automation – We also use a number of automation tools designed to help control project costs, introduce efficiencies and ensure a high quality of service.
Robust ISO standards for quality systems and risk management
Merrill Brink International is committed to quality and risk management. We are certified to ISO 9001:2008, ISO/IEC 27001:2005 and ISO 13485:2003; and compliant to ISO 17100:2015, EN 15038:2006 and ISO 14971:2007. Together, these standards provide assurance that the most stringent process and quality standards for translation are followed.
Choose an industry leader for your localization engineering needs
Find out why so many companies rely on Merrill Brink for expert localization engineering services.